Hello. Nice to meet you.
Accurate transcriptionist, passionate cross stitcher, writer at heart, wife, mom, dreamer of dreams and finder of lost shoes...
Loretta Oliver, married to the comic book geek of her dreams and mother of four amazing young men, has been working from home full time since 2001. With a busy transcription service business, a few niche sites, and a handful of other internet marketing projects on the go, the computer is always fired up and the ideas are always flowing.
- What You Need to Know About How to Write Meta DescriptionsLet’s start with a basic overview. What is a meta description? In simple terms, a meta tag description is a snippet that summarizes what the webpage or blog post is about. This short summary (usually 150 – 300 characters in length) is added in the code of the page for search engines to read. How […]
- Everything You Wanted to Know About PLR ContentIn this post we’ll clear up some confusion about what PLR content is and isn’t, how it can help you build a website or blog, the benefits and disadvantages, and so much more. If you’re starting a new site or just struggling to get content created for an existing one, PLR can truly help. So […]
- How to Buy a Domain NameWhat is a domain name? It’s the www.PLACE.com that you tell people to visit you at. In the online world your domain name is like your street address and your website hosting is your neighborhood. We’ll talk more about hosting services in another post. First, let’s get your domain name chosen and registered to you. […]
- Stitching the 2017 Mystery Band Sampler SAL from Linen and ThreadsThis is a free design that was released one band at a time on the Linen and Threads website throughout 2017. You’ll find all of the information and downloads at http://linenandthreads.com/mystery-sampler-stitch-a-long2017. Current progress point: Better late than never, right? I started this project in January 2017 with the intention of working on it with the […]
- Death Before Decaf Free Cross Stitch PatternYou probably already know that I love coffee. So this design happened. Click here to download the pattern PDF All pattern sales here at Stitching the Night Away support my addictions to Death Wish Coffee and pretty hand dyed threads. This is hand thrown pottery by Deneen Pottery for Death Wish Coffee‘s special limited edition […]
- Connie Gee Designs Backstitch SALStitching mine on on 28 count hand-dyed Orange Spice evenweave from Stitchnmomma… These blocks were stitched using two strands of Eterna Silk #3010. If you’d like to join this free two year stitch-a-long project, you’ll find all of the information and pattern downloads at http://www.conniegeedesigns.com/2018-2019-sal.html
- How to Create a Google Plus Page for Your Website (Without Creating Another Gmail)In this quick tutorial we’re going to look at how to create a Google Plus page for your website or blog without having to create a new Gmail account. Chances are you probably already have more than one Gmail account. Of course, a separate Gmail account does make sense if you’re creating the page for […]
- Why Do You Work?This question was posed on Facebook recently by Wendy Maynard and as I hit enter on my reply I thought it might also make a good blog post here and something to explore a little deeper… My answer on Wendy’s post was: ~ sense of responsibility ~ bills to pay, no matter how many I […]
- Invoicing and Accounting Tools for Your Virtual Assistant BusinessThere are probably hundreds of ways to handle invoicing your clients and collecting payments for projects. We’ve talked about a few of them here before and you may be using something already. New tools are coming into the marketplace all the time with more small businesses doing things in the cloud and using web based […]
- Royal Wedding SamplerBugs and Fishes had a similar cute sampler for Prince William and Kate’s marriage, and now has recreated it to have a matching one for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s upcoming wedding. … Seriously, how adorable is that? Almost as adorable and the couple themselves. It’s perfect. You can download this free cross stitch pattern […]
- Frog HappyThis happy little frog was designed by Pam Kellogg for Kreinik and is available as a free pattern download on the Kreinik website. Get the pattern [here]. He’s super handsome with a little bit of sparkle and a lot of happiness. Enjoy and happy stitching!
- Knotwork GardenA bit bigger than the usual free pattern, this design can be stitched as a pillow, part of a tote bag, a nice sized quilt block, or anything else you can imagine it as. While charted in purples and greens, this Celtic inspired knotwork design can of course be stitched in any color combination. You […]