- How to Buy a Domain NameWhat is a domain name? It’s the www.PLACE.com that you tell people to visit you at. In the online world your domain name is like your street address and your website hosting is your neighborhood. We’ll talk more about hosting services in another post. First, let’s get your domain name chosen and registered to you. […]
- Amazon; More Than Just an Affiliate ProgramWhen we think of Amazon we most often think of books, Prime, or the affiliate program. There are so many opportunities available with Amazon these days, it’s hard to remember them all. Marketplace – seller central Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) – sell stuff and let Amazon handle the fulfillment and customer service Handmade – where […]
- That Holiday Gift Guide Might Be More Trouble Than You ThoughtIf you’re adding a holiday gift guide to your website or blog using Amazon affiliate links, it could just get you in some trouble. I see this happening every year. Bloggers putting loads of work into gift guides, only to have to go back and practically start over because they don’t want to break the […]
- Stitching & Stash Acquisition for FebruaryNot so much stitching in February. Everyone was sick, there were fevers and flu bugs and just … ugh, so glad it’s March. Stitching progress was made on: Mill Hill Azul Calavera Neglected Threads SAL January Biscornu (finished stitching!) Stash acquired: I picked up the February Thread of the Month pack from Ship’s Manor plus […]
- Neglected Floss SAL BiscornusJanuary Pattern I figured since we’re using neglected threads, I might as well use some neglected fabric too. I pulled this opalescent Silkweaver fabric from my stash to stitch this month’s pattern. The threads are leftovers that were missing their labels. Now I need to find a button that matches these colors and I should […]
- Stitching Mill Hill Azul Calaverafinished all the green and blue beads on Mill Hill Azul Calavera, only purple and white beads left to add before it’s a finish
- Please Don’t Quit TodayYou may have seen this message on Facebook already, but I wanted to post it here on the blog as well so it would reach as many people who need to hear it as possible. I keep a list of virtual assistants in my bookmarks so that I can refer clients to others when they […]
- How to Find Your Paypal Payments & FeesI noticed a few virtual assistants asking about how to do this on Facebook, so I thought I would do a quick blog post and include some screenshots, because I remember the first time I tried to find these numbers it wasn’t intuitive or easy to locate. There are two places that you’ll find the […]
- Explaining 1099-K to ClientsIt’s that time of year again. Taxes and paperwork. Depending on how your clients have paid you throughout the year, you might get a form 1099-K from Paypal or other processors. Even though it’s been around for a few years now, it still causes a lot of confusion and double reporting can happen when a […]
- Harry Potter Order of the PhoenixThis Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix cross stitch pattern is available as a free download in Helena Kovalchuk’s Pattern Shop on Craftsy. Get the pattern at Craftsy [here]. Enjoy & Happy Stitching! Want to learn how to knit so you can recreate all those cool Harry Potter themed accessories you’ve been seeing on Pinterest […]
- Blackwork Victorian HouseThis beautiful Victorian style house was designed by Jill Cater Nixon and is available as a free pattern download via Kreinik. The pattern is charted with Kreinik’s Silk Mori and Hi Lustre threads in mind, but of course you can use whatever you have in your stash. Though, I will say that I really do […]
- Little GnomeThis adorable gnome is the right size for stitching on a phone case or any small area, he’s about three inches tall depending on the count of fabric you’re stitching on. You can download this cute little guy on Craftsy [here].
Contributor at It’s a WAHM Thing
Get advice from successful work at home moms!