Hello. Nice to meet you.
Accurate transcriptionist, passionate cross stitcher, writer at heart, wife, mom, dreamer of dreams and finder of lost shoes...
Loretta Oliver, married to the comic book geek of her dreams and mother of four amazing young men, has been working from home full time since 2001. With a busy transcription service business, a few niche sites, and a handful of other internet marketing projects on the go, the computer is always fired up and the ideas are always flowing.
- Are You Ready for Better Website Hosting Services?Whether you’re just getting started with your own websites or you’ve been doing things for a while, hosting is a major necessity and an important part of your online business. But, there are so many web hosting services available out there today, it’s hard to know which one to choose or what you’ll need. I’ve […]
- What You Need to Know About How to Write Meta DescriptionsLet’s start with a basic overview. What is a meta description? In simple terms, a meta tag description is a snippet that summarizes what the webpage or blog post is about. This short summary (usually 150 – 300 characters in length) is added in the code of the page for search engines to read. How […]
- Everything You Wanted to Know About PLR Content & Where to Find The Good StuffIn this post we’ll clear up some confusion about what PLR content is and isn’t, how it can help you build a website or blog, the benefits and disadvantages, and so much more. If you’re starting a new site or just struggling to get content created for an existing one, PLR can truly help. So […]
- Connie Gee Designs Backstitch SALIf you’d like to join this free two year stitch-a-long project, you’ll find all of the information and pattern downloads at http://www.conniegeedesigns.com/2018-2019-sal.html Stitching mine on on 28 count hand-dyed Orange Spice evenweave from Stitchnmomma… These blocks were stitched using two strands of Eterna Silk #3010 and Ship’s Manor Rolling Thunder hand dyed silk… more silks […]
- Knots and Blocks Quilt Inspired OrnamentThis ornament was inspired by a combination of classic quilt designs and Celtic knot motifs. The way the blocks are laid out, you can finish it as a traditional ornament or as a biscornu if you prefer. $2.00 Pattern size is 51 x 51 stitches. The model was stitched on 28 count opalescent Lugana fabric, […]
- Obvious Things, a Sherlock Holmes Inspired Silhouette and Quote PatternThe Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle are my absolute favorite pieces of literature. I’ve read all of them at least twice, and many of them thrice. This particular quote is taken from The Hound of the Baskervilles… Choose your own price!Enter any amount ($1+) in the box: pattern size is 100 x […]
- How to Grow Your Business When You Have A Busy ScheduleDo you get overwhelmed by all the “stuff” you need to do in your business… and trying to fit it into your daily schedule is frustrating? If you’re like me, you’re trying to answer emails in between tasks at your 9-5, watch webinars on your lunch break and squeeze in client work any time you […]
- 3 Business Blogger Content Creation Struggles and How to Avoid ThemOriginal content is the lifeblood of the internet. It’s what makes the search engine bots happy, it’s what gives you good search engine rankings, and ultimately it’s what brings potential new clients to your door. No doubt about it…creating lots of content is hard work and it’s a continual process. There are lots of right […]
- Why Do You Work?This question was posed on Facebook recently by Wendy Maynard and as I hit enter on my reply I thought it might also make a good blog post here and something to explore a little deeper… My answer on Wendy’s post was: ~ sense of responsibility ~ bills to pay, no matter how many I […]
- Swirly Christmas Tree by Helena KovalchukYou’ll find this fun and swirly holiday tree as a free pattern in Helena’s shop on Craftsy. The pattern is 109w X 159h in size, so it’s perfect for framing or gift giving 🙂 It also makes for a great beginner project with basic cross stitching and just a handful of colors. Enjoy and happy […]
- Beautiful Poppies in a VaseIt’s funny how amazing things pop up when you didn’t even know you were looking for them. I was poking around looking for something else entirely while having sewing machine troubles, and these stunning poppies came up in the search results. And then I saw the pattern was free! It’s printing as I type. Yes, […]
- Simple Spider HoopsThese cute and mildly spooky spiders from Stitched Modern are a quick and easy to stitch Halloween project. The spider webs are drawn onto the fabric in the project they show, but you could stitch yours if you prefer. Some metallic thread or some blending filament would make for a fun web. You’ll find the […]