Hello. Nice to meet you.
Accurate transcriptionist, passionate cross stitcher, writer at heart, wife, mom, dreamer of dreams and finder of lost shoes...
Loretta Oliver, married to the comic book geek of her dreams and mother of four amazing young men, has been working from home full time since 2001. With a busy transcription service business, a few niche sites, and a handful of other internet marketing projects on the go, the computer is always fired up and the ideas are always flowing.
- Are You Ready for Better Website Hosting Services?Whether you’re just getting started with your own websites or you’ve been doing things for a while, hosting is a major necessity and an important part of your online business. But, there are so many web hosting services available out there today, it’s hard to know which one to choose or what you’ll need. I’ve […]
- What You Need to Know About How to Write Meta DescriptionsLet’s start with a basic overview. What is a meta description? In simple terms, a meta tag description is a snippet that summarizes what the webpage or blog post is about. This short summary (usually 150 – 300 characters in length) is added in the code of the page for search engines to read. How […]
- Everything You Wanted to Know About PLR ContentIn this post we’ll clear up some confusion about what PLR content is and isn’t, how it can help you build a website or blog, the benefits and disadvantages, and so much more. If you’re starting a new site or just struggling to get content created for an existing one, PLR can truly help. So […]
- Stitching Castle Ridge (a Teresa Wentzler Mini Design)I pulled this out of the neglected unfinished project pile this week and put a few stitches in it. As much as I love this piece, it is difficult to make progress on when my stitching time has been limited and in short bursts lately. Someday it will be a beautiful and amazing finish, but […]
- Stitching My Token of Love by Rosewood ManorI’m stitching on 28 count evenweave from Silkweaver Expressions (this is an “old Silkweaver” and the color is no longer available but I think the closest match would be called Precious Metals) and I’m using DMC variegated thread (#115 garnet) instead of the usual sampler silks. I still haven’t decided what to put in the […]
- Lady Liberty, Mother of Exiles, The New ColossusThe text is the poem by Emma Lazarus that is displayed at The Statue of Liberty.
- How to Create a Google Plus Page for Your Website (Without Creating Another Gmail)In this quick tutorial we’re going to look at how to create a Google Plus page for your website or blog without having to create a new Gmail account. Chances are you probably already have more than one Gmail account. Of course, a separate Gmail account does make sense if you’re creating the page for […]
- Why Do You Work?This question was posed on Facebook recently by Wendy Maynard and as I hit enter on my reply I thought it might also make a good blog post here and something to explore a little deeper… My answer on Wendy’s post was: ~ sense of responsibility ~ bills to pay, no matter how many I […]
- Invoicing and Accounting Tools for Your Virtual Assistant BusinessThere are probably hundreds of ways to handle invoicing your clients and collecting payments for projects. We’ve talked about a few of them here before and you may be using something already. New tools are coming into the marketplace all the time with more small businesses doing things in the cloud and using web based […]
- Pretty Cute Pumpkin Spice LatteIt’s Pumpkin Spice season! Woohoo! Check out this cute Pumpkin Spice Latte pattern from Ugly Duckling House: You’ll find the pattern on her blog [here]. While you’re there, you might want to sign up for her cross stitch pattern library as well. If you’re not a fan of the PSL, that’s okay. This pattern is […]
- Not Your BooThis free cross stitch pattern from The Homesteady is cute, fun, and a little sassy. I love it so ridiculously much. Appropriate both as a fun Halloween themed piece and as a bit of a subversive message to that guy in the office who keeps calling everyone ‘boo’ … don’t be that guy. You’ll find […]
- A Kiwi Christmas Joy Ornament FreebieFun and festive free ornament design from Homestitchness ~ a quick to stitch design with a little New Zealand flair. You can download the pattern over on Jenny’s blog at http://www.homestitchness.com/2013/11/a-kiwi-christmas-decoration-freebie.html Enjoy and happy stitching 🙂