Hello. Nice to meet you.
Accurate transcriptionist, passionate cross stitcher, writer at heart, wife, mom, dreamer of dreams and finder of lost shoes...
Loretta Oliver, married to the comic book geek of her dreams and mother of four amazing young men, has been working from home full time since 2001. With a busy transcription service business, a few niche sites, and a handful of other internet marketing projects on the go, the computer is always fired up and the ideas are always flowing.
- Are You Ready for Better Website Hosting Services?Whether you’re just getting started with your own websites or you’ve been doing things for a while, hosting is a major necessity and an important part of your online business. But, there are so many web hosting services available out there today, it’s hard to know which one to choose or what you’ll need. I’ve […]
- What You Need to Know About How to Write Meta DescriptionsLet’s start with a basic overview. What is a meta description? In simple terms, a meta tag description is a snippet that summarizes what the webpage or blog post is about. This short summary (usually 150 – 300 characters in length) is added in the code of the page for search engines to read. How […]
- Everything You Wanted to Know About PLR ContentIn this post we’ll clear up some confusion about what PLR content is and isn’t, how it can help you build a website or blog, the benefits and disadvantages, and so much more. If you’re starting a new site or just struggling to get content created for an existing one, PLR can truly help. So […]
- Joy Chevron In-the-Hoop Cross Stitch Pattern$3.00 Full pattern is 80 x 80 stitches in size and designed to fit inside a 6-inch hoop when stitched on 14 count aida or 28 count evenweave fabric. Choose any colors you’d like from your existing supply stash. Dress it up in red and green for the holidays or choose colors to match your […]
- Ornament Finishing TutorialStitched a bunch of ornaments, but you’ve been putting off the finishing? Here are step by step instructions to get your cross stitch ornaments ready to hang and have on display or give as holiday gifts… Step 1: Wash and prepare your stitched piece. Select your backing fabric, trim, cord, ribbon, hanger, and or tassels […]
- Freedom Blackwork & Cross Stitch In-the-Hoop Pattern$3.00 Full pattern is 70 x 70 stitches in size and designed to fit inside a 5-inch hoop when stitched on 14 count aida or 28 count evenweave fabric. Choose any colors you’d like from your existing supply stash. (The chart was created with DMC #311 Navy, DMC #814 Red, and DMC #310 Black) Enjoy […]
- How to Create a Google Plus Page for Your Website (Without Creating Another Gmail)In this quick tutorial we’re going to look at how to create a Google Plus page for your website or blog without having to create a new Gmail account. Chances are you probably already have more than one Gmail account. Of course, a separate Gmail account does make sense if you’re creating the page for […]
- Why Do You Work?This question was posed on Facebook recently by Wendy Maynard and as I hit enter on my reply I thought it might also make a good blog post here and something to explore a little deeper… My answer on Wendy’s post was: ~ sense of responsibility ~ bills to pay, no matter how many I […]
- Invoicing and Accounting Tools for Your Virtual Assistant BusinessThere are probably hundreds of ways to handle invoicing your clients and collecting payments for projects. We’ve talked about a few of them here before and you may be using something already. New tools are coming into the marketplace all the time with more small businesses doing things in the cloud and using web based […]
- Pretty Flowers by Stitching FairyThese quick and easy to stitch flowers from Stitching Fairy are perfect to stitch up for cards and gifts, with variations to use for different events. You can download the pattern set free on Craftsy. Enjoy & Happy Stitching!
- 12 Free Patriotic Cross Stitch PatternsPattern roundup of 12 Patriotic themed cross stitch freebies you can download and stitch. Link to the location of each free pattern is directly under the image. Enjoy and Stitching! Have a safe and enjoyable Independence Day
- Golden ButterflyThis shiny little butterfly was designed by Janelle Giese for Kreinik and is available as a free pattern download on the Kreinik website. Get the pattern [here]. Enjoy and happy stitching!